December 19, 2006

BOB 5

Well, it's test time once again. I'm edging slightly towards holiday meltdown, so I don't think I'm in quite the right frame of mind to write this test, but that can't be helped. This is just a hard time of year for everyone, I think. I do feel that I understood most of the unit, though I find the optimization problems difficult, and I seem to need to see how to solve each specific type of problem, before I can solve it myself. It's generally the same sort of difficulty that I ran into with the word problems from last unit. Though I spent last unit focusing on those problems as they were my weakness, and there wasn't even one on the test! So I don't know what to do, there weren't any optimization problems or antiderivatives on the pretest. I don't know what I should focus on... And speaking of antiderivatives. I believe I have a good grasp of the idea behind them, but it is true that they are quite a lot harder than differentiating. I think they are the kind of thing that you just need to practice until the patterns become more familiar. And I hate it when stuff just doesn't exist.. imagine getting stuck on that for half an hour if your answer is impossible to find! And THANK YOU to Katrin for mentioning plus C in her bob, I was starting to forget about it. Well, I wish everyone luck and a nice relaxing vacation.

No comments: