March 22, 2007

Ohhh my BOB

Dear Bob,

As you may already know, we've been having lunch hour classes, because we're behind in the curriculum. The exam is in the beginning of May, which is really just around the corner. Hmm.. you see, I took AP Calc for the experience and as a challenge. And so far, it really has been a challenge.

This unit was really easy to follow and understand in the beginning. But as we progressed, I had diffuculty in picturing what the arbitrary slice would look like when taken from the solid. They come in disks, washers, and prisms depending where you rotate them. To find the volume, you need to find the volume of one slice by finding its area. The only thing that varies is the radius, and I think its true, how knowing what the radius represents is the tricky part of it. Once you have the integral, the rest is just a matter of punching into the calculator. I don't know why, but I understand things when we do it in class... when it came to the pretest, I thought too hard about it. It was simpler than I thought. It sometimes frustrates me, because I should know better... I do know better.

I wish I had more time to study. I have another test to study for, a pile of homework to do, a book to finish reading, and other things to take care of. Nonetheless, don't we all wish we had more time? If we could rewind and do it better, put more effort, DO not some, but ALL of the homework, would we not? Yes, the test is tomorrow.. but that is the beauty of AP Calc.. because now, if and when we take it in University, we can remember what it felt like when we weren't prepared and we can laugh... because by then, we'll have learned our lesson and know better.

Biiig siiiigh.. the test is tomorrow!!! But you know what that means.. SPRING BREAK is on its way.. and it's getting nice out! WOOHOO... one more unit and we're done, done, done. When you think of giving up, just remember Sisyphus. Good luck to all and to all a good night =)

No comments: