January 15, 2007

BOB

I forgot about BOB =O. Like everyone else said, this unit went in depth in integrals. The part where we had to teach a buddy in class about what we learned the day before was EXTREMELY helpful! It made me listen harder, and do you work. I was excited about it. I think I did a good job and teaching my buddy. At least, I think I did. When problems were given to us on the board, sometimes I had no idea what to do and freaked. But when Mr. K explained it to me it was like "OHHH." It all just made sense. I missed the calculator part because I wasn't in class, but I figured it out. On our pre-test today, the part that got me was the last bit. Where it had to do with the intervals and all. I keep forgetting how to follow that specific way we have to write... GAHH...

Some thoughts =D

Some people are just gifted and interested in mathematics. I am not one of those people. It was actually my mom who made me take this course. I thought that I should go and take it b/c I get good grades and all. But grades are beside the point. Grades don't measure you intelligence! It's just a way of measuring the amount of work your willing to put into it. I think anyone could be intelligent and gifted if they truly worked at it. If you really want to be there and you are truly interested in what you are doing then you are willing to put a lot of effort in what YOU want to do. Not just because you think its what the "SMART" people do. I'm not labeling people but it is what people really think. It's just frustrating to have people think that you have to have high grades to be considered smart. I just don't think thats true. It's for these reasons why it hurts my marks and my motivation to do my work. Now don't get me wrong, I think mathematics is brilliant in many ways! However, it's just not for me. I'm the one who loves English, art and things like that. But I've done all this work and it's way too late to turn back. I don't want to turn back, I want to see what I can do. I think what I'm getting at is finding out what your interested in and this class actually helped me figure that out. Make your own choices and do what you want to do (as long as you know it will truly help you). It's all about "finding out who you are," so corny but true.

No comments: